Third generation. Originally designed by Browning family member Bruce Browning, the original civilian BAR was the rifle that set the standard for autoloading hunting rifles. The latest MK 3 version builds on the previous iterations with stunning styling, fine oil finish walnut, a precision alloy receiver and a hammer-forged barrel. The BAR features accuracy and performance that will make autoloading enthusiasts out of the most skeptical riflemen.
Classic in looks and contemporary in performance. The BAR MK 3 is the hunting rifle that sets the bar for every other autoloader on the planet with accuracy and speed — and a caliber selection — that is not matched by any other hunting autoloader. The MK 3 is available in the most popular standard hunting calibers to hard-hitting Magnums. Cartridges are fed from a detachable box magazine, so be sure to keep a spare in your pocket for fast reloads.
- Aircraft-grade aluminum alloy receiver with satin nickel finish and enhanced, high-relief engraving
- Drilled and tapped for scope mounts
- Hammer-forged barrel
- Grade II walnut stock with oil finish
- Reliable gas operation
- Strong multi-lug rotary bolt
- Detachable box magazine
- Composite trigger guard and floorplate
- Crossbolt safety
- Shim adjustable for cast on/off and drop at comb